By LILA SEIDMAN | Reporter
The former fiancé of the late and mysterious Jeffrey Lash—who claimed to be an undercover government agent and alien-human hybrid—has sued his estate for $1.6 million, which she said he conned her into spending on his behalf before his death last year.
Catherine Nebron’s Los Angeles Superior Court suit, filed Tuesday, Oct. 11, came just four days after Lash’s other alleged lover, Michelle Lyons, sued his estate for $2 million.
Lash’s decomposing body was found in an SUV on Palisades Drive near his Highlands condominium on July 17, 2015.
The discovery led police to the condo he shared with Nebron for 17 years, where they discovered 1,200 guns, six-and-a-half tons of ammunition and $230,000 in cash.
Nebron’s suit named as defendants the Lash estate and its two representatives, Sanford Sheklow and Leslie Parness. Palisadian estate attorney Sonja Panajotovic for the Lash estate declined to comment.
Nebron’s seeking unspecified damages, as well as title to the cars, weapons and ammunition.
The suit states that Nebron’s father was a judge and that her godfather was the late Sen. Alan Cranston. “Lash, knowing her family background in politics, fraudulently claimed to have had telephone calls … with retired Gen. David Petraeus, former President George W. Bush, ex-Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice, former first lady Laura Bush,” and other prominent figures, the suit stated.
Mediation between the heirs of Lash’s $5 million estate and Nebron took place in July to determine if she is entitled to any of the fortune, but consensus could not be reached.
Estranged cousins of Lash have registered ownership of the estate, but Nebron maintained she funded his lifestyle for decades, entitling her to some claim on the property.
When Nebron met Lash in 1985, he said he taught counter-offensive technique courses. She says she began a romantic relationship with him in 1998 and he moved into her condominium after claiming he needed a temporary place to stay.
Lash ordered Nebron to keep all the shades drawn and demanded she stay in her home to ensure the security of his weapons and other property, according to her lawsuit.
She claimed Lash also imposed a system of fines that punished her for brushing against his property and even for her crying and depression.
Lash left Nebron’s condominium in 2008—and she said she believes he was staying with (and victimizing) other women—but he continued to visit Nebron daily.
Lash allegedly kept so many firearms in her home that Nebron had to sleep on a yoga mat in a guest bathroom. She also claimed she had to use a toilet lid as a writing surface.
After Lash’s death, Nebron went through boxes that he had claimed contained documents of the “highest national security,” the suit stated. “To her astonishment, Nebron discovered nothing of interest in any of the boxes and she realized then for the first time that Lash was a con man,” according to her lawsuit.
She said Lash’s computer also contained no sensitive information, but instead “dozens of lewd pictures and letters to various women.”
City News Service contributed to this report.
This page is available to subscribers. Click here to sign in or get access.